Decision Support Tool
MarineMap offers users web-based access to all of the data, methods and analyses that scientists utilize to evaluate Marine Protected Areas (MPAs). Without special training or assistance, working in a group setting or at home, MarineMap users can draw, evaluate and discuss prospective MPAs.
MarineMap Decision Support Tool (DST) allows you to:
- Visualize social and ecological attributes of coastal areas
- Draw and assemble networks of prospective MPAs
- Specify types of regulations to be applied to each MPA, as well as goals and objectives fulfilled
- Generate reports that assess MPAs according to scientific guidelines as well as social and economic impacts
- Share MPA boundaries and networks with other users
- Discuss results with others in online forum
- Quickly and easily modify existing MPA concepts as the process evolves
To see the MarineMap DST in action, take the online tour.
“With MarineMap, you can create multiple iterations of a proposal — almost on the fly.”
— Ben Sleeter, Recreational Fisherman, Half Moon Bay, California